Drawing inspiration from immensely varied sources and incorporating it into his own genre-bending sound, Alexandre Lavigne’s music defies easy classification. Going simply by Alexandre (pronounced “ah-lehk-SAHND”), this eclectic producer encourages his listeners to challenge the status quo of electronic dance music and embrace a fresh, future-minded sound that offers nods to hip-hop, dubstep, UK garage, grime, house, club, disco, footwork, drum & bass and more. Refusing to settle into a comfortable niche, Alexandre continues to explore the boundaries and intersections of the musical genres he loves, respecting tradition while boldly foraying into uncharted frontiers with each new song.
Currently based in Austin, Texas, Alexandre is originally from Miami Beach, and his current style evokes a sound that could be described as Miami Vice meets Bladerunner in the ‘hood; futuristic arpeggios and cyberpunk basslines meld with shimmering neon synth lines, film score-worthy orchestral elements, and soulful retro vibes, often underscored by hip-hop influences and UK-style percussive grooves.
Alexandre’s first official releases ranged from indie disco to early experimentations with dubstep, a sound he would come to be identified with for a number of years until his more recent evolution into the multi-faceted producer he has become. After numerous official releases and remixes on respected labels, Alexandre’s style began to evolve into a more nuanced and varied beast, transforming into the genreless hydra it is today; several tracks received weekly airplay on Plastician’s radio show on London-based station Rinse FM. Plastician soon signed Alexandre to his celebrated underground label Terrorhythm Recordings, where he would join a roster including respected veterans like Joker, Om Unit, Crissy Cris and Stinkahbell. “Dead Silent,” Alexandre’s debut EP on Terrorhythm, received support from numerous industry luminaries like Reid Speed, BBC Radio 1’s MistaJam, Swindle and others. One of the tracks from the Dead Silent EP was also featured on the massively popular UKF Music channel on Youtube, netting over 60,000 plays. 3 other tracks have been featured as free downloads by the EDM Network, accumulating over 165,000 plays on Dubstep.NET and charting in the Top 10, with “Fuck Up The Bass” and “Scum” reaching the #1 spot.
In 2014, Alexandre continued to build a following for his fresh musical evolution, joining the ranks of the forward-thinking artist collective Hebinomichi, contributing tracks to their series of compilations along with artists like SteLouse, KRNE, TastyTreat, Pusher, Ahh-Ooh, and more. Through 2014 and 2015, Alexandre released numerous singles, being featured on Nest HQ, The Dankles, Do Androids Dance/Complex, The EDM Network, The Playground, and numerous other websites and blogs.
Alexandre has performed in venues across the United States, played numerous showcases at SXSW and WMC, toured with OWSLA funk powerhouse Kill Paris and performed alongside a number of artists such as Krewella, Datsik, Pegboard Nerds, Plastician, Son of Kick, 12th Planet, Zomboy, Savant, David Heartbreak, Delta Heavy, Joker, Getter, Bare Noize, Terravita, Shortee, AFK, Mantis, MartyParty and many others.
- “Dead Silent” EP signed by Plastician to London-based Terrorhythm Recordings, released August 2013
- Joined Hebinomichi artist collective in 2014
- Music featured on the Diplo & Friends show on BBC Radio 1
- Recorded guest mix for Rinse FM; original tracks continue to receive regular radio airplay on Rinse FM and numerous other radio and streaming stations
- Featured on the UKF Music channel with 115,000+ views
- Reached #1 on Dubstep.NET and TrapMusic.NET charts with several tracks, over 200,000 plays and 15,000+ downloads
- Dozens of singles and releases featured on FACT Magazine, The EDM Network, NEST HQ, Do Androids Dance/Complex, Generation Bass, The Playground, and more
- 16 official label releases with numerous charting tracks on Beatport since 2010, featured on labels like Terrorhythm Recordings, Heavy Artillery Recordings, Abducted Records and more
Links and Contact Info
Bookings Email: email@example.com
Bookings Phone: (941) 306-8414